Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ALA and its divisions provide approximately 300 electronic discussion lists, also known as listservs
Online Learning Opportunities
Explore the webpages of the ALA divisions on the ALA website under the Divisions Tab to find many resources on professional development associated with the divisions. While access to some content is limited to membership in the division, free content is additionally available.
Here are just a few examples:
- Association for Library Services to Children (ALSC): Everyday Advocacy
- Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS):
- What is an e-forum? ALCTS e-forums are two-day, moderated, electronic discussion forums that provide an opportunity for librarians to discuss matters of interest on an ALCTS email discussion list. These discussions are free of charge and available to anyone who wishes to subscribe to the email list.
- Make sure to unsubscribe after participating in one if you don't want to automatically receive emails for future e-forum discussion topics.
- Check here for information about upcoming e-forums
- Webinar archive
- Webinar recordings are available at no cost 6 months after original presentation.
- ALCTS continuing education YouTube Channel
- Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA): YALSA free webinars & YALSA handouts & flyers & YALSA wiki ...& ... & ...
- YALSA also offers many additional webinars that are free if you are a YALSA member.