Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The FY21 Annual Report opens Thursday July 1, 2021 and will close Monday August 16, 2021.
Using a preferred web browser, access Bibliostat Collect https://collectconnect.baker-taylor.com/login.aspx and login using the library’s username and password.
- Click Start Survey next to the current year’s NM Public Library Annual Report.
- Be aware of the 90-minute timeout period (information is saved when session times out).
- Federal questions are in NAVY font, while all other questions are in BLACK font. This will help differentiate which tab to use when a note is required.
- Navy question - leave note in the Federal tab / Black question - leave note in the State or Local tab.
- Bibliostat defaults to the Federal tab.
- Click SAVE before navigating to the next page.
- This is useful in case something happens to the Internet service, etc.
- Many auto totals will only calculate once SAVE is selected.
- Using the SHOW LAST YEAR’S ANSWERS (upper right of survey) feature while completing the survey may be useful.
- IF current year data is significantly different from previous year data, or is very similar, a detailed note must be entered in the applicable note tab (Federal, State, Local).
- To view any notes that were left in the previous year, click the NOTE icon and select the PREVIOUS YEAR tab.
- View the library’s Survey List, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Instructions, using the navigation bar toward the top of the page.
- The Show Status tab is useful to review any Edit Checks, Unanswered Questions, and Flagged Questions.
- The Print icon allows printing of the entire survey or printing of a selected section in PDF or HTML format. There is an option to print with or without the current year’s data, and with or without the previous year’s data. Annotation Reports can also be printed to review notes left on questions.
- When returning to the survey, click Continue.
Data entered must cover FY21 library activities (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021).
- The New Mexico State Library (NMSL) participates in the national Public Library Survey (PLS) operated by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and compiled by the American Institute for Research (AIR).
- Federally required questions are in navy font and all other questions are in black font.
- The data collected is used at various levels for planning, evaluating, and budgeting.
- Better known as the Annual Report, the PLS serves as New Mexico's public libraries application for state grants-in-aid.
- State grants-in-aid eligibility is determined using the 4.5.2 NMAC. Entered data must be accurate and based on records maintained by the library director and local financial officials.
- When navigating the survey, to see the specifics of what each question is asking, click the gray circle with a question mark. Once clicked, a pop-up box will appear with the corresponding definition.
- Adherence to these definitions is important to ensure comparability of data from different libraries in New Mexico as well as libraries in others states and territories.
- The use of estimates is important if exact data is not available. If an exact figure is not available, but it is known that the total is greater than zero, enter an educated estimate and leave a detailed note indicating how the estimate was determined.
- Only enter a "0" if the answer is truly zero or none. Enter N/A if the exact figure or an estimate is not available.
- As information is entered, if any answer is vastly different from the previous year or if using an estimate, please enter a detailed note explaining the reason, etc.
- Providing detailed and relevant notes is extremely helpful and appreciated.
- Inputting notes that do not reflect any flagged issue is not acceptable.
Please email State Data Coordinator Carmelita Aragon at Carmelita.Aragon@state.nm.us or call (505) 476-9740 with any questions about the survey contents.
For technical questions or issues accessing Bibliostat CollectConnect, please call Product Support at 1-866-785-9935.